2.5 Questions for Discussion
- Discuss possibilities of data corruption and data loss. Have you experienced this and how can data corruption and data loss be prevented?
- What is the difference between securely storing your collection (hard drive or Dropbox), archiving your collection (for example, in CoRSAL), and disseminating information about your language and culture (as in a website)?
- Who can access materials on CoRSAL and who has ownership of data on CoRSAL?
- What is intellectual property with respect to cultural heritage, who can access (advantages/disadvantages of giving access)?
- What is meant by fair use?