6.5 Promoting your Collection
Promoting your collection is all about making your work visible to others, namely those who would benefit from accessing the collection for research or general knowledge. The following short list details ways your collection can be promoted.
- Cite the collection, and individual items using the CoRSAL embedded citation. Each item, has a unique identifier, the ARK (archival resource key), which makes them permanently identifiable.
Example of an embedded citation link for the CoRSAL collection
Example of an embedded citation link for an item within the Lamkang collection
- As often as possible, give visibility to community collectors by giving them subcollections and by naming them in citations as well as the collection Landing Page.
- Another option to promote visibility is to establish a blog for the digital archive and/or the individual collection.
- The use of social media can also help boost awareness of your archived material. Blog posts can be synced up to social media so that followers receive an alert on social media when there is a new post. Talk to CoRSAL staff about setting up a Facebook page or other social media platform where you can promote your collection.
- Provide CoRSAL with a short video guide we can upload to the corsal.unt.edu website.